Monday, June 22, 2009

A really gross fact

So as I am enjoying my summer break in Tampa, I found an interesting article in Fitness magazine. How lucky for you that I keep you all in mind during my mini-vacation. 

We all love listening to music during our workouts. For me, I always have to have some upbeat 80's playlist blaring in my ear or I could never finish my 30-minute elliptical session. However, there are somethings you need to know before you stick those headphones in your ear. 

Got a great cardio mix you want to share? Before handing over your iPod, listen up: Earphones are crawling with germs that may lead to ear infections, say researchers in India. People who are frequently plugged in for at least 30 minutes at a time had 12 percent more bacteria on their earphones and in their ears than those who listened less. 

Fitness magazine's advice....

Regularly clean your buds with alcohol wipes. 

Just a quick little tip! Stay tuned for more and have a great summer break everyone! 

No comments: